Pandrol is the leading international company in the area of the railway track systems and components. Pandrol NV is the operating company specialized in the resilient track systems (location: Hoeilaart).
The company belongs to the Delachaux Group that employs more tan 3.000 people for a turnover of > 900 M€.
Pandrol NV is active in engineering, production and implementation of resilient systems worldwide and is recognized to be the market leader in its field.
In order to increase their laboratory expertise in resin-bonded rubber, Pandrol is looking for a dynamic and motivated Laboratory Technician (M/F) with strong interest in testing and R&D for their offices in Hoeilaart.
• Plan, prepare, coordinate and execute lab tests in Pandrol laboratory for new development (material validation, test campaigns) and for production quality control
• Operate static/dynamic press (MTS): static and dynamic stiffness, compression set, shear, fatigue
• Plan, prepare and coordinate tests in external laboratories
• Management of lab equipment (metrology): validate equipment, organise calibration of internal measurement tools
• Build up knowledge on laboratory test tools, methods and norms to extend or improve Pandrol lab capabilities
• Purchases of technical lab equipment
Process and R&D responsibilities
• New product/process development (NPD): support for industrial implementation
• New material development: perform fundamental study on Resin-bonded Rubber materials and grow knowledge on chemical and mechanical properties
– Post-secundary degree in related field (material engineering, metrology, … good knowledge of physics is mandatory).
– Some experience in industrial laboratory environment is considered as a plus.
– Excellent English + French or Dutch
– Good knowledge of Excel
– Familiar with industrial static and dynamic press (up to 25Kn)
– Able to follow international standards. Awareness of main standards for material characterisation in railway applications (DIN 45673, ISO 37, ISO 8013, ISO 13481) is an asset.
– Knowledge of railway industry or basics in Noise and Vibrations are a plus.
– This person will interact with all Pandrol teams (R&D, production and project) and external suppliers, therefore good communication skills are required.
– Good time management skills to handle simultaneous tasks
– An interesting position within a growing international company
– To be part of a young and dynamic team
– Attractive salary with benefits
For more information or to send your CV please and contact Stefan Van Dijck at firstname.lastname@example.org or + 32 496 05 89 56