Pandrol is an international company, leader in resilient equipment for railways (Train, Metro and Tramways). Pandrol is part of Delachaux group with activities all over the world including railways infrastructure. 3000 employees are working worldwide and Pandrol is recognized as one of the market leaders in this industry.
In order to strengthen the application engineering team, Pandrol is looking for a dynamic and motivated Senior Application Engineer for their offices in Hoeilaart (Belgium).
Function and profile:
The application engineer is the technical expert on our products/systems and how they are handled, installed and maintained on site. He/she can work on a product or project base.
Product base: to develop or improve a certain aspect of a product or system, possibly in cooperation with the R&D product expert.
Project base: the application engineer is involved in the pre-sales phase (design of the best possible solution and its implementation to support the sales in making the best and most complete quotation possible) and in the post-sales phase.
Overview of the main tasks per project phase:
– Product marketing: post-sales sales kit: edit and maintain installation documents (method statements) in support of the sales & marketing team.
– Specification support/convince: technical support (meetings on demand, ad-hoc documents, standard documentation, …), take care of samples, tests (prepare, follow-up, install, …), design (give support).
– Lead follow-up/tender: technical analysis of customer specs, Run TEM calculations, design of the application (engineering, functionalities, drawings, tests, …), technical compliance of the proposal.
– Deal closing: technical check of the contract or PO.
– Supplies: technical support in supply phase (design, TEM, technical questions, …).
– Installation: training, supervision, coordination and follow-up of installation by Pandrol teams, site visits, technical support.
– Commissioning: preparations and follow-up of measurements.
– After sales: participate in problem solving process.
– Claims: handling of claims.
– (Master) Degree in Civil of Industrial Engineering or equivalent by experience
– Relevant experience in a similar position (application engineer, project engineer/manager, product engineer, …) is required.
– Experience in the railway business would be an asset
– Fluent in English and French – other languages are an asset
– Excellent communication skills and diplomacy to establish a constructive dialogue with all Pandrol teams and external stakeholders.
– You have an analytical mind and you are customer focused.
– You like to work in team but are also able to manage dossiers autonomously.
– Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, Excel and Word.
– Willingness to travel worldwide up to 30% of your time.
– An interesting position within a growing international company
– To be part of a young and dynamic team
– Attractive salary with benefits (group insurance, company car, …)
For more information or to send your CV please and contact Stefan Van Dijck at email@example.com or + 32 496 05 89 56