Brussels Airport te Zaventem
With 25.7 million passengers in 2018, Brussels Airport is one of the most important airports in Europe and connects Brussels to 238 destinations worldwide. With a workforce of around 1,000 colleagues, Brussels Airport Company nv/sa (BAC) is responsible for the development of the airport and some 60,000 direct and indirect jobs, making it Belgium’s second largest economic growth hub. The company is financially sound and growing. The majority of the shares are owned by strong international financial groups (e.g. Ontario Teachers’ Pension Fund, Dutch pension fund APG) and the Belgian government, with a 25% stake.
BAC’s core business is the operation of the National Airport with its « regulated assets » (terminals, security buildings, car parks, shopping area, restaurants and bars, advertising carriers in and around the airport). In addition, BAC owns an extensive estate of land of very high economic value and buildings for commercial and logistical activities. Brussels Airport’s Strategic Vision 2040 (https://www.brusselsairport2040.be/en) sets out a clear vision for developing the airport further into a fully connected economic centre.
Brussels Airport is more than an airport and aims to develop further in the area of passenger transport, along with Cargo & Logistics, commercial activities and the development of a new Airport Business District (situated close to the airport terminal and car parks). To help achieve this ambition, Brussels Airport Company is opening up the following role in its Strategic Planning department: AIRPORT MASTER PLANNING MANAGER – BRUSSELS AIRPORT – Prepares for and manages the Development Plan, Master Plan and Land Use Plan.
Function and profile:
The Airport Master Planning Manager is responsible for drawing up, coordinating and updating the medium and long-term development plan for the airport (5-year Development Plan, 25-year Airport Master Plan and long-term Land Use Plan) based on Brussels Airport’s general aviation strategy. He/she ensures that Brussels Airport is able to achieve future growth by putting in place the necessary infrastructure and developing the airport product in a sustainable manner. This comprises the following tasks:
- contributing to the aviation strategy through policy preparation,
- forecasting peak traffic in the medium and long term (1 year, 5 years, 25 years),
- seeking solutions within existing or new infrastructure in case of current and future potential bottlenecks;
- preparing the medium and long-term airport infrastructure plan, and the long-term Land Use Plan, in collaboration with internal working groups and external consultants,
- coordinating working groups for the development of sub-master plans (airside, terminal, real estate, cargo, environment, mobility, etc.),
- researching possible priorities for developing new markets and revenue, preparing investment proposals and presenting them to senior management,
- translating project proposals into concrete projects based on business forecasts, market analyses, aviation strategy and the master plan and leading cross-departmental multidisciplinary teams for this at project level.
- managing several aviation strategy-related projects in conjunction with other teams (e.g. Regulatory Affairs, Real Estate, Environment, Traffic Forecasting) such as the development of the mobility policy, licensing requirements, regulated aeronautical tariffs, etc.
- maintaining international contacts with organisations such as IATA, ACI, and counterparts at other international airports.
- You hold a Master’s degree and a Certificate in Airport Master Planning and have several years’ experience in this field.
- You possess an in-depth knowledge of the functioning of an airport and the airport community (airlines, handlers, etc.) and their operations.
- You are familiar with how the airport functions within a wider economic context (for example, the positioning of the airport in relation to the market and competitors, licences and regulations, etc.).
- You have preferably undergone training relevant to this role in the areas of Terminal Master Planning, Airside Flows, etc.
- You are an excellent communicator (with the necessary EQ and diplomacy) and can navigate smoothly between all target groups and internal / external stakeholders.
- You can lead cross-departmental project teams and taskforces horizontally (without hierarchical responsibility).
- You possess strategic insight and like to set a path. You have experience in strategic project management or business consultancy (defining objectives and scopes for programmes and projects).
- You have proven experience in management reporting and chairing steering groups.
- You have an excellent command of English. A working knowledge of French and Dutch is an advantage.
A key role in the further development of the Brussels Airport Company;
A job in an exceptionally dynamic working environment in the Finance&Strategy department;
In an executive role, you will receive an attractive remuneration and benefits package with white-collar worker status.
Send your CV and coveing letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 1940-EJ-Airport Planning Manager.
For more information, contact Erwin Jacquemyns at email@example.com or on +32 475 61 21 39 (working days from 8.30 to 21.30 CET or weekends from 10.00 CET)